In this workshop, you'll learn how to recognize and use the visual responses of the horse to your touch to find and release accumulated stress in key junctions of the body that most affect performance. The Masterson Method has been successfully taught to hundreds of owners, therapists and trainers worldwide, enabling them to open new levels of communication and relationship with their horses.
Why attend a Masterson Method® Weekend Seminar?
• Learning the "feel" of release through hands-on-hands instruction.
• Learning to read the horse. The horse has to participate in the method for it to work.
• Learning the techniques. The techniques learned in this workshop have been used successfully by Jim Masterson on thousands of equine competitors, including horses that compete in FEI Nation's Cup, Pan American, World Championship and World Equestrian Games events.
• The most valuable aspect of this workshop is the improved relationship and communication that develops as a result of this work with the horse.
Weekend Seminar Outline
Day 1 — Workshop begins at 9am with a discussion of the principles of the Masterson Method®.
• The horse's survival-bracing response
• How to use different levels touch, and the horse's responses to by-pass the bracing response
• Use of movement and positioning to allow a muscle or junction to release tension
• Key junctions of the body that most affect performance
• How the subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle process of release works.
• The first technique, the Bladder Meridian Technique is demonstrated and explained.
• Students practice on horses, with individual hands-on help from the Instructor(s).
• Students and Instructor(s) re-group to ask and answer questions, and review and discuss the results of the technique.
• Techniques to release tension in the poll, neck, and neck/shoulders/withers junction are demonstrated, practiced, and discussed/reviewed during the first day, with a break for lunch and short morning and afternoon breaks.
Day 2 — Workshop continues at 9am.
Students will have the opportunity to review and practice front end techniques that were learned the day before, with hands-on help from the Instructor(s). After lunch we follow the same learning format as on Day 1 of demonstrations, hands-on instruction, and review/discussion to learn basic techniques to release tension in the back, sacro-iliac and sacro-lumbar junction.
Suggested reading/viewing prior to workshop: Beyond Horse Massage, DVD and Book.
Weekend Seminar-Workshop Fees and Registration:
Tuition: $449; this workshop will be taught by a Matherson Method Instructor.
For more information and to register, visit https://www.mastersonmethod.com/course-calendar/eventdetail/484/-/littleton,-co-beyond-horse-massage-weekend-seminar-workshop.html Click on the green Register for This Seminar.